Saturday, May 29, 2010 | By: Hazel

Nostalgic For Anime

I came across this on YouTube. It's one of my favorite anime shows and has one of my favorite anime songs as well:



I used to watch it with my younger siblings. Finding it now brought back to mind a bunch of really good times and I realize how I terribly miss those guys.

The truth of the matter is one of the reasons that I moved out of the house was because I felt that it had become way too small for all of us. I have 4 younger siblings and they behaved like how normal kids do when they are around each other. They fought, they bickered, they teased, they ran around the house, they yelled at each other. The chaos was insane. I just had to get away.

Don't get me wrong. I love my siblings. That is something that I have always known. I practically raised our youngest brother. Being the eldest, I was very protective of them. I would fight their battles for them if I had to. When somebody bullied them, I always came to their rescue. I threatened to beat the other kid until he promised not to mess with my siblings anymore. I would rather die than see any harm come to those kids. But at some point, I grew exasperated of the chaos and the proximity to those little monster kids became too much.

There were a lot of things we didn't agree about, especially when it came to watching TV. They liked basketball and gag shows. I liked Charmed and Gilmore Girls. But when it came to anime, we were all in complete agreement. We watched Ghostfighter, Dragonballs, Samurai X, Slam Dunk, etc. on TV together. The homeworks had to wait. We even used to sing along to the opening and closing songs. They were all in Japanese and we didn't know the lyrics but we sung it with feelings. Now I will always look back at those times and feel lucky that I have my siblings who shared those times with me.

I'll be back home for a few days this weekend. When I do, I'll give each of them a bear hug and tell them that I missed them.

Forgive me, but before I sign out for the weekend, here's another one of those anime songs:

0 comments:

Post a Comment