Thursday, May 20, 2010 | By: Hazel

The Sitcom of My Life in Reruns

And so it goes that I find myself in another recurring episode. I am bored. I need a change. I don't care what kind. I just know that I am sliding into that pit again. The kind that made me quit my job and change my zip code. This is the reason why my parents are worried about me. They think that I will never be able to settle into a relationship or a job that I would be able to hold on to for a long time, like forever. Maybe I should be worried for myself as well. Nothing is exciting anymore, not even my budding love life and that fact makes me really sad. I need an existential electric shock to jolt me out of this.

I should change my hairstyle. I have been wearing it straight since birth. Maybe it's time to get bouncy curls. That's about all the change I could manage right now. I can't move. I can't quit my job. And I can't dump my boyfriend. At least, not yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment