Thursday, May 27, 2010 | By: Hazel

I See Dead People

No, I do not mean that literally. God forbid if I start doing so. You probably need to take that as a sign of an impending apocalypse. I am digressing here since this is not the main topic of this blog entry. But for the sake of satisfying the curiosity of my faithful readers (a grand total of 2 persons), let me explain.

I do not believe that dead people walk among us. There is no metaphysical, paranormal or parapsychological explanation for this, just a logical one. Even if dead people have the option to remain on earth to haunt the living, as good as that sounds, I don't think that they are inclined to chose that option. The world is over-populated enough as it is. There is just not enough room for them anymore. And because, unlike the dead, the living do not have the option to go elsewhere other than this planet (Mars is not yet open for occupancy), it is more likely that dead people take the high road and choose the more suitable place for themselves. Or if they don't get to chose, as the case may be, I still think that any place other than with the living is the more acceptable option.

Let me elaborate. Not a lot of people go to heaven. It is probably this really huge and beautiful place where your closest neighbor lives in another zip code, or perhaps in another time zone. Who doesn't want to go there? As for hell, there might be a long line leading into that place but Dante said that there are 9 circles, one for each sin, and I highly doubt that any of them are full. Why else would Lucifer be wanting more people to go to hell? I'm sure it's not because he doesn't have a choice. If there is anything that Lucifer has in abundance, it would be choices. So if you go to hell, you will be put in one of those circles to suffer for your sins. If that doesn't seem like a good way to spend the rest of your eternal life, that's because it isn't. But think of it this way, you will be among the dead who share your, uhm, passion. And with the number of occupants in each circle there and more coming, you'll have enough stories to share for the rest of your damnation. Hey, it'll be like one endless Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

If I die right now and go straight to hell, I probably wouldn't find this funny so I should just stop right now. But that's my explanation for not believing that there are dead people with us. Of course, you have to understand that I am not going to say that out loud even if you pay me. There is always that far off chance that I am wrong and that they are indeed here and can hear every single word we say. I don't want to challenge them into making a believer out of me. That would be a tragedy. Or a comedy, depending on which side you are on. In the even more unlikely chance that they also read blogs, there are only two things I can say.

Number 1: I am possessed and not myself, therefore I do not remember writing this.
Number 2 (in case the ghosts don't believe number 1): Oh, crap.

Since my digression has already taken up the amount of time I tolerate for writing nonsense, let me offer this short explanation for my original idea for this entry. I see dead people figuratively. People who are alive but are living a dying life. People who are just going through the motions of living but, deep inside, are really dead. They do not know how it feels like to be truly alive. I realize that this sounds so "The Greatest Miracle in the World" by Og Mandino. But it is true. And since I am no ragpicker, I cannot do anything for these people. I can only hope that I am not one of them.

1 comments:

Janice Diola said...

The bible said that we the living will be judge together with the dead. Same with the dead people we are living here on earth waiting on that day. Don't be anxious knowing this, for we are given more authority by the Lord to dominate the world than the dead.

Post a Comment