Wednesday, December 1, 2010 | By: Hazel

Tales From the Creep

If you are familiar with the show from the 80's (Tales from the Crypt), then you will know that this is a horror story. Or in this case, a series of horror stories based on actual events.

Story 1
(Unknown person called. Girl picked up.)
Unknown person (guy): I love you.
Girl: Who is this?
(Guy hung up the phone but proceeded to repeat this procedure 5 times a day. Girl soon got tired of this so she did some research and found out who the caller was. So the next time the phone rang...)
Guy: I love you.
Girl: Classmate, I know who you are.
Guy: Ahh...Uhmmm... Sorry, wrong number.

Story 2
(Guy chatted up Girl.)
Guy: What are you doing?
Girl: I'm working.
Guy: Please turn on your webcam.
Girl: I can't. I'm working.
Guy: I want to see you.
Girl: You'll see me when you get to work tomorrow.
Guy: I want to see what you are wearing.
Girl: My work clothes. Geesh, you're like Norman Bates.
Guy: Who is Norman Bates?
Girl: That's you, sicko.

Story 3
(Guy chatted up Girl.)
Guy: Hi, how are you?
Girl: I'm okay.
Guy: Please use your webcam.
Girl: I can't. I'm at work.
Guy: Please. Just use your webcam.
Girl: I'm sorry but I really can't.
Guy: You know me. If I don't get what I want, I'll get angry and I'll bang this keyboard on my desk.
(Like I care? Offline mode.)

Story 4
Guy: Can I have your number?
(Girl doesn't know how to say no to requests like these, so she gave him the number. The next day, Guy texted Girl.)
Guy: Hi, how are you?
(Girl saw this as a chance to let Guy down without confrontation.)
Girl: I'm okay. But please don't text me, my boyfriend will not like it.
Guy: Okay. Let's go to church later.
(Huh?)
Girl: I will but I'm going with my boyfriend.
Guy: Why do you always have to be with him? He's already your boyfriend.
(That's a good question but I have a better one: If I'm not gonna be with him, then who should I be with? You? Don't think so. Remove from contacts.)

Story 5
Guy: Let's go out on a date.
Girl: Excuse me, you have a girlfriend.
Guy: Do you want me to break up with her? Because I will if you ask me to...
(Uhmmm.... Is that supposed to make me feel special?)

Story 6
(Guy posted on Girl's Facebook wall.)
Guy: Your smile is nice.
(Obviously, Guy has not seen Girl's awful teeth. But a compliment is a compliment.)
Girl: Thanks.
Guy: You're beautiful, baby.
(Ewwww. Remove post.)

Creeps of the world abound. Most of them men. I really only know two creepy women. One is me and the other is a housekeeper we had a long time ago. Somebody told me that creepiness is contagious. If you are exposed to it for prolonged periods, you will assimilate creep. But then again, there is a creep gene in every single one of us. It comes out especially at times when the current object of our obsession is unaware of our existence. And that's fine. But if you see a full-pledge creep heading your way, run screaming to the opposite direction. We can only hope that, for recognition purposes, they are wearing a name tag.

The Crypt keeper, creepy but genius. (photo credit)

0 comments:

Post a Comment