Wednesday, June 9, 2010 | By: Hazel

My Bara-dur

If I were Frodo, this would be my dark tower:
















Like Frodo, it is my mission to conquer this tower. But unlike Frodo, my tower is self-imposed and will not likely end with my going to Mt. Doom to cast the ring of power to the fire, unless the ring is a metaphor for my eyesight and Mt. Doom is the cataracts. And yes, the tower is in dire need of replenishment. I am scheduled to go on a book hunting in the next month.

I am now reading this:





















It is the last book from the trilogy.  What I will read after that will depend largely on my mood. Some of these books, like The Sound and The Fury, I have bought years ago but have not gotten around to reading. In the case of The Sound and The Fury, I had attempted many times in the past to read it but after several pages, my nose and ears started bleeding so I put it down and started reading another book.


"The people loved learning. They loved stories and poetry even if none of these were any good for getting a job." ~Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

0 comments:

Post a Comment