Thursday, June 17, 2010 | By: Hazel

Le Grand Bal

And so it came to pass that the event that I had been dreading for days came and went without any incident. The truth is, I actually enjoyed it. In the world of creative design, where the people you see are wearing t-shirt and jeans everyday except for the big bosses, it was actually refreshing to see everyone at their finest. The guys were wearing coat and tie. The girls were all made-up and wearing fancy dresses.

Of course, I am still not a fan of such events. Nevertheless, I still went all the way. I bought a new dress, shoes and evening bag. I don't have any formal evening stuff in my possession, so I had no choice even if it pained me to part with that much money on clothing I'm gonna use for a grand total of 5 hours.

It was fun. The food was great, of course, as we held the event in one of the good hotels in our city. We had a trivia game during dinner where our group won. There was also a dating game where we laughed our dinner out of our nostrils from all the goofball answers that the guys were giving. There was dancing after the program wherein the guys proceeded to make a clown-in-formal-attire out of themselves. 

My general confusion over the event was the comments thrown at me for the dress I was wearing. For the first time in my life, I went to a formal event not hating the dress that I was in. No, that was an understatement. I meant, I LOVED my dress. Totally. The neckline was low but so? It was a good conversation starter, so that took care of one of my social problems.

Really, guys. I didn't understand why you were making such a big deal out of my dress. You were making me feel like the whore of Babylon. So the decolletage was low but it's not like you haven't seen me wearing less. You had seen me in a bikini, for crying out loud. Please don't go Simeon Ibarra on me. I am not Maria Clara. Wrong year. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

It doesn't look so bad now, does it?



0 comments:

Post a Comment