Tuesday, June 29, 2010 | By: Hazel

How To Live On P200 A Week

In the interest of economics, I have decided to share how I was able to survive one work week with a P200 budget.

Here is a list of what I did:
1. Consume the groceries from the week before.
2. Packed lunch, a true sign of hard times.
3. Instant noodles. Cheap and convenient. Just add hot water. Of course, the preservatives are going to kill me eventually but the title of this entry is not "How To Live Past 70".
4. Instant oatmeal. Cheap and healthy. Tastes blah but maybe in the process I'll finally be able to lose that 3kg I have been trying to lose for a year now. I'm not being vain. I'm just trying to reach my ideal body weight, you know, to be healthy. Maybe in the future, I'll get to write "How To Live Past 70".
5. Transfat is my bestfriend. Cookies, biscuits, all those chocolate-covered goodness that will slowly but surely block my arteries after ingestion. I'll probably die of a heart attack, thereby reducing my chances to write that "How To Live Past 70" article I'm so excited about. And I do not mean to take these sources of transfat as snacks. If you drink enough water, they can constitute one meal. Not a hearty meal, but you know what they say, beggars can't be choosers.

There you go. Admittedly, it is not a lot. But trust me, it can go a long way. It's no brainer that if I had to choose between a lifetime of scrimping or a lifetime of gluttony and good food, I would choose the latter, even if I end up trying to lose 50 pounds for the rest of my life or not living past 70. However, I highly doubt being able to resist an unplanned, exciting weekend getaway to some exotic place I've never been to before. As such, the chances of my living on P200 for a week again is not far-fetched. But for those who do not want to live like a beggar, here's my advice: Don't go on unplanned trips. Or better yet, don't get a life! That, ladies and gentlemen, is economical.

0 comments:

Post a Comment