Monday, November 29, 2010 | By: Hazel

Gratitude List for the Week

I thank...

God, for a great week overall.

Andres Bonafacio, for dying as a hero ergo making the day of your death a national holiday. We owe you the long weekend, Ka Andres.That may not be that way that you want to be thanked but I still thank you for that from the bottom of my heart.

Vida, for laboring for 2days straight, rain and shine, just to get better at whacking balls.

Kuya Platap, for being patient with our footwork and ground strokes. Thank you for teaching us the basics in tennis. See you next week.

The Alaxan boys, you old guys from the tennis club who wagger your kids' tuition fees on tennis matches (but I really hope you were all just kidding), for the encouragement.

My roommate, Janice, for getting me a bonsai plant. I hope we can prove your boss wrong by making the plants last for more than a week. Oh look, it's already 3 days and they are still alive. 4 more days to go.

My manito or manita for giving me a box of Curly Tops and snake jelly candies for the Kris Kringle last week. Looking forward to "something sticky".

My work and workmates for reminding me that I'm not yet in paradise and things still need to get done the hard way. Special mention to Menard, Kevin and Jules for agreeing to work on a holiday on such a short notice. I also thank Ryan, Dim, Ruby, Mike, Chino and Danica for taking the time out to take my bugging calls on a Sunday night.Work is such a bitch sometimes but duty calls.

My manicurista, for my nail job. You have made the work week ahead of me much more colorful. And you have freed me from the torment of my laundry for the next few days.You deserve a higher tip but unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment