Saturday, July 3, 2010 | By: Hazel

List # 1: Things To Do in the Next 6 Months


This is to jumpstart the list of lists that I'm going to share. If I had no other stuff to do, I'd be able to accomplish all these in less than a month. But between working and trying to get a life outside of work, I can only do so much.

The # 1 item on the list has been on my list of financial goals every year for the last 2 years. Now that I have made this list public, I'd be embarrased if I haven't crossed this out by the end of the year. The most difficult item on this list would have to be # 7. Moving out entails a considerable budget, not to mention effort. And I hate moving. I don't like having to pack and transport all my stuff to another place. But I have to move out. I am not really a dorm kind of person. The fact that by the end of the year I'll have lived in this place for one year is a considerable feat. As you already know, I am not a very sociable person. Living in a dorm with other human beings automatically assigns to you some social responsibilities. Not to mention the kind of things that you have to tolerate from other people, like for instance, the girl-next-room's choice of music or her phone conversations with her boyfriend which is audible to the entire floor. Hello, do you really need everyone to know that you're an immature brat whose music library is composed of songs from The Steps? Geez.

"But what does not kill me will make me stronger", so until I am able to live on my own apartment, I'm gonna continue to tolerate the girl in the next room as well as those who hog all the clothes line during laundry day and those who leave their trash on the bathroom. Needless to say, I'm sure they are also just barely tolerating my existence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will need the passport but not the credit card, Ting. Cold cash is waaaay better. :P


~J

Hazel said...

@Jan: My sentiments, exactly. However, I will pursue to get the plastic not to bury myself in debt (hopefully) but to have proof of my credit credibility (I cannot believe I'm saying this). I might need a loan to buy my own island in the future. :P

Post a Comment